SPO is committed to promoting equal opportunities within the organization. SPO values diversity and encourages fairness and justice. The organization has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
In seeking to achieve this vision, SPO will strive to:
- Ensure that SPO communicates Encourage equality of opportunity for all people and actively promote good relations.
- Eliminate any conditions, procedures and individual behaviour that can lead to discrimination even where there was no intent to discriminate, with particular regard to: Race; Gender; Disability; Sexuality; Age; Religion and beliefs.
- Ensure that Gender Balance is Maintained and Managed at all Levels of Organization: (Ref: SPO Gender Policy)
- Use Gender Awareness and Understanding as one of the Criteria or Promotion and Recruitment (Ref: SPO Gender Policy)
- All advertisements shall continue to present SPO “as an equal opportunity employer”.
Whilst recognizing that individuals may experience disadvantage on more than one level.
- Offer services fairly to all people, ensuring that anyone in contact with the organization is treated with respect, making provision for those groups within the community whose needs and expectations are less well met.
- Ensure all employment policies procedures, guidelines and memos and publications reflect and reinforce SPO' commitment to equality.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for responding to complaints of discrimination and harassment from employees and the community.
- Will take affirmative action in recruitment, promotions and training and development
- Make this policy known to all employees, job applicants, and partner organizations.
- Operate procurement practices and partnership arrangements that ensure others commissioned to provide services for SPO to have similar policies that cover equal opportunities.
- Job opportunities to all sections of the community. It will scrutinize the recruitment process to ensure that it does not discriminate or discourage applications from any section of the community.
- Ensure that all its employees who are part of the recruitment selection panel are trained on equalities issues.
- Seek to ensure that all employees are developed by the provision of appropriate and accessible learning opportunities in line with organizational needs.
- Periodically review the Equal Opportunities policy.
At SPO, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team. The Equal Opportunities Policy is developed by the Human Resource (HR) Unit and approved by the SMC. Overall responsibility for the implementation of the policy lies with the HR Unit.