In 2017 meetings were held with Women Development Department, Social Welfare Department and Human Rights Department Government of Sindh to share propositions on increase in resource allocation to develop and functionalize the pro women structures for effective implementation. The outcome of the meeting was to develop the position papers based on the desk review and budget tracking of respective department government of Sindh.
By 2018 SPO had proposed and shared inclusion of prioritised pro women schemes in ADPs and summary of non-development expenses (SNEs) to the relevant departments. The propositions for new ADPs and SNEs for monetary year 2018-19 shared by SPO was based on review and budget tracking of respective departments of Government of Sindh. Based on information gathered from women Development Department (WDD) Sindh, it was known that WDD lack adequate dedicated human resources and only eleven (11) Women Development Officers were serving with additional responsibilities of Protection Officers across Sindh, contrary to the requirement of Women Development Officers (WDO) and Protection Officers (POs) in each district as per law.
• Summary of Non development Expenditures (SNEs) for recruitment of Protection Officers proposed and submitted by WDD for monetary year 2018-19
• Provincial Domestic Violence Commission established
• Approval for establishment of Planning and Monitoring Cell in Women Development Department Offices for year 2018-19
• Allocation of sufficient funds for implementation of Gender Reforms Action Plans proposed by WDD under the ADPs schemes
• Establishment of Working Women Hostel and Women Development Complex in Shaheed Benazirabad District,
Women Development Complex at Sukkur
• Establishment of three Day Care Centres in Karachi and one at Divisional Head Quarters in Sindh
• Establishment of Women Complaint Cells at Sanghar, Qamber, Kashmore and Jamshoro
• In presence of “Protection Officers” as proposed for year 2018-19 under Sindh Domestic Violence (pp) Act 2013, domestic incident report would be made to the Protection Committee based upon receipt of a complaint of domestic violence to claim for issuance of a protection order, legal aid, counselling, shelter homes, medical facilities and monetary relief.
• In presence of Domestic Violence Commission at Provincial level, investigations would be made into specific incidence of domestic violence, and suo moto notice of matters relating to domestic violence and non-implementation of the law would be taken.
• Gender reforms agenda in Sindh would be strengthened based on well-established planning and monitoring cell and GBV support mechanism in place, like Women Development Complex and Women Complaint Cells.